PATH seeks an experienced professional to strengthen its organizational emergency preparedness activities in support of employee safety and business continuity for PATH's facilities and programs across the globe.
The person in this position will provide strategic guidance to key leaders and respond to security incidents as appropriate.
* Lead PATH's Emergency Preparedness Program.
* Directly support the implementation of the Crisis Management Leadership Program and Team, including managing the 24x7 point of contact for the Crisis Line.
* Utilize and liaise with contracted vendor to proactively monitor global security situations.
* Develop and maintain emergency preparedness and response plans for the organization. Guide and support the development and training of plans in PATH offices to address all hazards, including natural and manmade disasters, political unrest and pandemic scenarios. Recommend, design and implement systems as needed.
* Design, conduct and evaluate trainings and tabletop exercises.
* Promote and support the safety and security of travelers, national, international and expatriate staff.
* Liaise with peer organizations and security coordinators as well as government authorities and agencies as appropriate.
* Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Corporate Services Division Directors, Field Support Team, Site Leaders and Travel Coordinator.
* Continually improve organizational safety and security; ensuring scalability to address organizational growth and dynamic global realities.
* Chair Steering Committees as needed.
* Identify and hire external consultants as needed.
* Maintain a presence on PATH's internal website.Required Skills
* Strong working knowledge of crisis management programs and standards.
* Understanding and familiarity with business continuity programs.
* Ability to think strategically and develop actionable plans for execution.
* Ability to understand, facilitate and coordinate during urgent, emergency, and crisis situations.
* Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills including advising and coordinating global teams to achieve deliverables.
* Ability to work with and closely support executives.
* Ability to interact effectively at various levels and across diverse cultures.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision.
* Strong computer skills required. Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft family of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
* Willingness and availability for international travel.Experience
* This position requires a Bachelor's degree.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in professional program management with demonstrated experience in crisis management, business continuity, corporate safety and/or security.
* Professional certifications strongly preferred.
* Overseas and International NGO experience strongly preferred.
If you are interested, follow this link: Safety Officer, Corporate Services