Vacancy - Security Coordinator for Afghan Women’s Project - Afghanistan
09/01/09 03:44 Filed in: Security Jobs
Position: Security Coordinator for Afghan Women’s Project
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
The Security Coordinator will be responsible for leading security and safety preparedness, practice, and response for in-country staff and any visitors to the programs.
Duties: The Security Coordinator for Afghanistan will:
• Lead security and safety preparedness, practice, and response for the RI-Afghanistan Women’s Civil Society Program;
• Develop RI-Afghanistan security and safety policy with the Headquarters Global Security Director and Afghanistan senior management team;
• Supported by the Security Coordinator, the Security Coordinator will liaise with the Afghan Government, United Nations, Multi-National Forces in Afghanistan, and other organizations when necessary;
• Supported by the Security Coordinator and three national Regional Security Associates, routinely assess security and safety conditions for staff housing, offices, travel, and recreation, as well as trends by location, routinely enhance the policy manual, practice, and response capacity to match;
• Supported by Headquarters, the Security Coordinator, and three national Regional Security Associates, the Security Coordinator will lead the preparation and conduct of pre- and post-deployment orientations for staff and visitors, as well as arrange advanced security trainings and psychosocial support.
The Security Coordinator will report to the Headquarters Global Security Director, liaise with the Afghanistan senior management team, and oversee national Regional Security Associates. The Security Coordinator will be responsible for leading security and safety preparedness, practice, and response for in-country staff and any visitors to the programs.
• Minimum 10 years aid-related experience in crisis zones;
• Minimum 5 years in role as security officer for aid-related programming;
• Experience with aid security policy and practice in crisis settings in at least three different cultural contexts;
• Knowledge of ICRC Code of Conduct, as well as Interaction and UNDSS security standards required;
• Extensive cross-cultural training experience;
• Strong English language communication skills;
• Experience in Afghanistan a big plus;
• Pashto or Dari languages a plus.
For consideration please submit all of the following: a detailed CV, cover letter, salary history, and a list of 3 previous supervisors (including email address, mailing address, and telephone number) to Human Resources, Relief International. Email to: email@example.com. Subject line must include: Security Coordinator - AFGHANISTAN.