Vacancy - NGO Security Training Officer - Kenya/Somalia
07/01/09 20:57 Filed in: Security Jobs
Job Ref: SOM/EX0068
CARE Somalia/South Sudan is an International NGO working in Somalia and South Sudan. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
CARE is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of National Training Officer (NTO) for its NGO Security Preparedness and Support (NGO-SPAS) Program. The position will oversee delivery of training to NGOs, security report writing, liaisons with appropriate authorities, NGO project facilitation through the provision of security related training, NGO safety/security training development, and any other tasked deemed relevant with a safety and security context.
Reporting to the Training Manager (TM), the National Training Officer will act as the NGO SPAS national security training focal point, conduct surveys regarding the security preparedness of NGOs operating in Somalia & Somaliland as well as surveys of NGOs security training requirements in Somalia & Somaliland.
The incumbent of this position will develop and deliver detailed security training packages tailored to the needs of NGOs operating in Somalia & Somaliland and all other trainings as required by the training Manager and or the program manager which shall include, generic national focused defensive driver training packages, basic communications training packages, generic basic emergency first responder training packages, basic duties of a guard force.
H/She will develop generic security standard operating procedures for implementation by NGO's, act as a security officer as and when required as well and Manage all training equipment and stores as required.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to clearly convey information;
* Team player;
* Strong planning, organizing and coordinating abilities;
* Good analytical skills;
* Proactive, innovative and able to initiate action
Required skills and qualifications
* Bachelors Degree in personnel Management or related field;
* Security/Safety training;
* 2 years of experience in a Security/Safety training environment;
* 2 years of experience in a Humanitarian or Civil Emergency services;
* Proven presentation and facilitator skills;
* Proficient computer skills;
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages;
* Ability to work under minimal supervision and high level of flexibility;
* Ability to establish training requirement and detailed training matrix
This position is based in the Nairobi office with 40% travel to the field offices. Closing date for applications is: 21st January 2009. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted by: 4th February 2009.
Applications/CV with daytime telephone contacts and three referees should be sent to:
The Human Resources Officer,
CARE Somalia/South Sudan,
P.O. Box 2039, 00202 Nairobi.
Email: hr @ ci.or.ke
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!