Vacancy - NGO Security Advisor - Kenya
23/01/09 21:02 Filed in: Security Jobs
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ - German Technical Cooperation) is an international cooperation Organization for sustainable development with worldwide operations. We provide viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person for our newly created position of a
Reporting to the GTZ Country Director, the Security Advisor shall work closely with our country projects and programmes to develop and implement a security system within our organization.
Main Tasks will include:
* Develop, implement and maintain a Security Management System
* Undertake regular analysis and make recommendations concerning safety and security of facilities, offices, residences and movements.
* Update the Crisis Management Plans and produce on regular basis required security information documents and reports, including incident mappings and security alerts.
* Ensure that adequate means of communication are in place, equipment is maintained and personnel are trained on how to use it
* Conduct security briefings and necessary training for all personnel.
* Liaise with different official and informal national civilian authorities as well as with national and international security entities.
Qualification and Skills:
* University Degree or Professional Training in Security related area
* 5 years of relevant practical experience in the field of security
* Profound knowledge of Risk Management concepts and experience in implementation of Risk Management in the context of International Development Cooperation as well as capacity in crisis management
* Training Experience
* Excellent analytical and Computer skills
* Team player able to work with discretion and with good writing and presentation skills
* Excellent command of English and Swahili, any knowledge of the German language would be an advantage
An attractive remuneration package and benefits will be offered to the selected candidate.
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your application to
GTZ-Office Nairobi Attn.: Mr. Dieter Schmidt
P.O. Box 41607,
00100 GPO NAIROBI
E-mail: Dieter.Schmidt @ gtz.de
Deadline for applications is Friday, 06 of February 2009. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.